The Guild and its
The War Widows’ Guild of Australia NSW Ltd, originally
established in 1946, is a not for profit
membership-based organization whose mission is to
promote and protect the interests of war widows in New
South Wales. The Guild became a public company limited
by guarantee in 1998. It is a public benevolent
institution with deductible gift recipient status.
The Guild operates with significant volunteer input from
its 8,500 members in NSW. However, because of the size
and complexity of running the organization, it has a
small staff to manage the day to day operations.
The Motto was adopted by the national Guild in 1949 at
its third annual conference to set the mood, the tone,
the harmony, the working-together of not only the
conference but the Guild in the years to come.
“We all belong to each other. We all need each other. It
is in serving each other and in sacrificing for our
common good that we are finding our true life.”
● Read the latest Guild Digest, Mar 2015.
● War Widows’ Field of Remembrance 21-25 April
War Widows' Guild of Australia NSW | Like